Male Half-elf Occultist (Haunt Collector) 6
Neutral Medium Humanoid (Half-elf)
Init +4 (+1 dex, +2 trait, +1 competence)
Senses Perception +11, Low-light vision
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19; (+1 dex, + 9 armor)
HP 51 (6d8 + 18 con)
Fort +10 (con +3, Occultist +5, +2 resistance)
Refl +5 (dex +1, Occultist +2, +2 resistance)
Will +8 (wis +1, Occultist +5, +2 resistance)
+2 vs enchantment spells and effects, +2 trait bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects, can always act on the surprise round against a haunt, Mental Focus 12/day
Speed 30ft, with armor 20ft
1-handed Melee Sap +9 1d6+7 (B/x2)
2-handed Melee +1 Adamantine Greatsword +10 2d6+10 (S-19-20/x2)
2-handed Melee+Power Attack +1 Adamantine Greatsword +8 2d6+16 (S-19-20/x2)
- Spirit Bonus: When you channel a champion, your spirit bonus applies on attack rolls, non-spell damage rolls, Strength checks, Strength-based skill checks, and Fortitude saves. Swift action to get +2/+2 4/day
- Mental Focus: Transmutation (Belt) 6, Abjuration (Amulet) 4, Illusion (Ring-haunted) 3, Conjuration (Compass) 1
Ranged MW Composite Longbow +6 1d8+5 (R-110,P-20/x3)
Spells: (CL 6, Concentration +9)
2nd (4/day)(DC 15) Resist Energy, Mirror Image, Knock, Glitterdust
1st (5/day)(DC 14) Disguise self, Liberating Command, Shield, Cure Light Wounds
Knacks (3) Ghost Sound, Mending, Resistance, Stabilize
- Sudden Speed (Sp): As a swift action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to grant yourself a burst of speed. This increases your land speed by 30 feet for 1 minute. This ability does not stack with itself.
- Legacy Weapon (Su): As a standard action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus and touch a weapon to grant it an enhancement bonus. The bonus is equal to 1 + 1 for every 6 occultist levels you possess (to a maximum of +4 at 18th level). Enhancement bonuses gained by this ability stack with those of the weapon, to a maximum of +5. You can also imbue the weapon with any one weapon special ability with an equivalent enhancement bonus less than or equal to your maximum bonus by reducing the granted enhancement bonus by the appropriate amount. The item must have an enhancement bonus of at least +1 (from the item itself or from legacy weapon) to gain a weapon special ability. In either case, these bonuses last for 1 minute.
- Mind Barrier (Sp): As a swift action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to create a shield of mental energy around you that protects you from harm. The shield prevents a total of 2 points of damage per occultist level you possess. It lasts until the start of your next turn or until exhausted. For example, if you are 5th level, the mind barrier protects you from 10 points of damage; if you are hit by an attack that would deal 12 points of damage, the mind barrier is exhausted and you take 2 points of damage. You can activate this ability as an immediate action, but doing so costs 2 points of mental focus instead of 1.
- Energy Shield (Sp): As a swift action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to surround yourself with a shield that protects you from energy damage. Whenever you take acid, cold, electricity, or fire damage, the shield absorbs the damage (as protection from energy). The energy shield can absorb up to 5 points of energy damage per occultist level you possess. This shield lasts for 1 minute or until its power is exhausted. Its effect doesn't stack with itself, with protection from energy, or with resist energy. You can activate the energy shield as an immediate action by expending 2 points of mental focus instead of 1. You must be at least 3rd level to select this focus power.
- Unseen (Sp): As a standard action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to become invisible, as invisibility. This effect lasts for 1 minute per occultist level you possess. You can expend 2 points of mental focus instead of 1 to use this power on a willing adjacent creature instead of yourself. You can still see creatures you make invisible with this power. If the invisible creature makes an attack or otherwise takes an action that would cause the invisibility to end, you can immediately expend 1 additional point of mental focus to allow the creature to remain invisible if the creature is within 30 feet of you. You must be at least 3rd level to select this focus power.
- Servitor (Sp): As a standard action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to summon a servitor. This ability functions as summon monster I, but you can use it only to summon a single creature, and the effect lasts for 1 minute. At 4th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the level of the summon monster spell increases by 1, to a maximum of summon monster VII at 19th level. You can’t have more than one servitor in effect at a time. At any time, you can expend 1 point of mental focus as a free action to extend the duration of an active servitor by 1 minute.
Str 21 (16+4+1) , Dex 12, Con 16 (14+2), Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base Atk +4; CMB +9; CMD 20
- 1: Skill Focus (Kn. Religion), Extra Mental Focus
- 3: Heavy Armor Proficiency
- 5: Power Attack
Skills acp: ; total skill ranks: 42
- Appraisec (1) +7
- Craft Alchemyc (1) +7
- Diplomacyc (6) +8
- Disable devicec
- Disguisec (1) +2
- Escape artist
- Handle animal
- Knowledge(arcana)c (4) +10
- Knowledge(dungeoneering) (1) +4
- Knowledge(engineering)c (1) +7
- Knowledge(geography) (1) +4
- Knowledge(history)c (4) +10
- Knowledge(local) (1) +4
- Knowledge(nature) (1) +4
- Knowledge(nobility) (1) +4
- Knowledge(planes)c (6) +12
- Knowledge(religion)c (6) +15 (Skills from boon)
- Linguisticsc (1) +7
- Perceptionc (5) +11
- Sense motivec (1) +5
- Sleight of handc
- Spellcraftc (1) +7
- Use magic devicec
Traits: Elven Reflexes, Deathtouched
Languages: Common, Elven, Ignan, Terran, Auran, Aquan
RSQ Elven Immunities, Adabtibility, Keen Senses, Low-light vision
SQ Focus Powers, Implements (Transmutation, Abjuration, Illusion), Knacks, Mental Focus, Magic Item Skill, Object Reading, Possessed Possessions: Illusion-Champion(Su)
- Warding Talisman - Abjuration(Su): The implement wards against adverse effects. Whoever wears (or holds, for bells) the implement gains a +1 resistance bonus on saving throws for every 2 points of mental focus invested in the implement, to a maximum bonus of 1 + 1 for every 4 occultist levels you possess.
- Physical Enhancement - Transmutation (Su): The implement enhances its bearer’s body. When you invest mental focus in the implement, select a physical ability score. The implement grants a +2 temporary enhancement bonus to that physical ability score for every 3 points of mental focus invested in the implement (to a maximum of +2 at 1st level, plus an additional 2 for every 6 occultist levels you possess).
- Illusion Implement as Haunted -> Champion Seance Boon: You gain a +2 bonus on all non-spell damage rolls. Spirit Bonus: When you channel a champion, your spirit bonus applies on attack rolls, non-spell damage rolls, Strength checks, Strength-based skill checks, and Fortitude saves.
- Casting Focus (Su) - Conjuration: The implement empowers the bearer’s ties to the worlds beyond, allowing his spells to maintain their power for a longer period of time. The bearer can add the implement as an additional focus component to any conjuration spell he casts that has a duration measured in rounds per level. If he does so, he adds 1 to his caster level for every 2 points of mental focus stored in the implement (to a maximum bonus equal to your occultist level). This increase applies only when determining the duration of the spell. Apply this increase after other effects that adjust a spell’s duration, such as Extend Spell.
On person: +1 Adamantine Greatsword
Ioun Stones: Cracked Dusty rose prism, Cracked Mulberry Pentacle
Encumbrance lb. without backpack (//), lb. with backpack
- Armor Mw Full Plate
- Belt Belt of Mighty Constitution +2
Things to buy
Possessed Possessions (Su)
At 2nd level, and every 4 occultist levels thereafter, when the haunt collector chooses an implement school he doesn’t already know, instead of using implements as normal for that school, he can gain access to a haunted implement—a powerful, spirit-possessed item collected during his travels. When he selects a haunted implement, he forsakes the resonant power from the item’s implement group and instead selects a spirit from the medium’s list of spirits, gaining that spirit’s seance boon in place of the resonant power. He can also call upon the implement’s haunting entity as a swift action to temporarily gain bonuses on all checks associated with the selected legendary spirit’s spirit bonus for 1 round. This spirit bonus is equal to 1/2 the amount of mental focus invested in the implement, to a maximum bonus of 1 + 1 for every 4 occultist levels the haunt collector has. He can call upon this spirit bonus a number of times per day equal to the amount of mental focus invested in the implement, though invoking it doesn’t expend any mental focus. Once the spirit type is selected for an implement, it cannot be changed.
Object Reading (Su): At 2nd level, an occultist learns how to read information from items he examines. Examining an item in this way requires him to spend 1 minute handling the item. If the item is a magic item, the occultist learns its properties and command word as if he had successfully examined the item using detect magic and succeeded at a Spellcraft check. This ability does not reveal whether the item is cursed unless the occultist’s class level is equal to or greater than the caster level of the item. If the item has any historical significance, the occultist learns one piece of information about its past (as determined by the GM). Finally, if the item was last used no longer than 1 day ago per the occultist’s class level, the occultist learns one piece of information about the last creature to use the item. This information might be a glimpse of the creature’s appearance, a brief vision of what it saw while using the item, or perhaps its emotional state when it last used the item. The GM determines what information is gained in this way. This functions like the psychometry occult skill unlock (see page 196), but doesn’t require a skill check and can be used at will.
Magic Item Skill (Ex): At 2nd level, an occultist’s knowledge of magic items grants him a bonus when attempting to use them. He gains a bonus on all Use Magic Device checks equal to 1/2 his occultist level.
Haunt Channeler (Su):
At 3rd level, a medium can use his familiarity with spirits to assist him when dealing with haunts. He can always act on the surprise round against a haunt, and his touch funnels a portion of the haunt into himself, dealing 1d6 points of damage to the haunt per 2 medium levels he possesses as if via positive energy and allowing the medium to ask the haunt a single question. The haunt can answer the question however it chooses. Additionally, the medium can forgo his saving throw against a haunt’s effects to funnel the haunt entirely into himself. If he does so, the medium suffers the haunt’s full effect, but the haunt doesn’t affect anyone else (even if it normally would). The haunt then gains control of the medium’s body for 24 hours. Once per minute, the medium can attempt to end this possession early by succeeding at a Will save (DC = 20 + 1/2 the medium’s class level).